MasterCard Scholars Program at AUB 2021 & How to Apply: The American University of Beirut (AUB) is offering full scholarships for graduate and undergraduate education for the academic year 2021-2022 in partnership with the MasterCard Foundation.
The American University of Beirut (AUB) is now accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the 2021/2022 MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program. The deadline for the submission of applications for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the American University of Beirut (AUB) is 18th March, 2021.
This Program at American University of Beirut, AUB aims to prepare young people to be agents of change in their communities, countries, and regions. The program requires scholars to attend a series of workshops, courses and field work in addition to the courses for their degree.
The scholarship covers tuition, accommodation and travel cost for selected applicants.
Who is Eligible to Apply for MasterCard Scholars Program at AUB?
This Scholarship Program is open to Bachelor and Masters Degree Programs offered at AUB. PHDs, Diplomas and the study of medicine are not covered.
Graduate scholarships are open to:
- Nationals of Africa
- Nationals of Lebanon
- Refugees and displaced living in Lebanon
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at AUB Selection Criteria.
Selection and admission are based on:
- Academic promise
- Financial disadvantage
- Leadership potential
- Desire to give back and go back to one’s community
How to Apply for American University of Beirut (AUB) MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.
List of required documents:
For applicants residing in Lebanon:
- Family civil status record issued within the previous three months (عائلي قيد اخراج (or)العائلة دفتر (for Syrian applicants.
- Employment record for every working member of the family.
- For each dependent child enrolled at school or university, recent school certificate of registration showing annual tuition fees.
- Car registration form for each car owned.
- Proof of hom-eownership in Lebanon.
- Proof of land ownership in Lebanon.
- UNHCR registration certificates for Syrian applicants if applicable.
For nationals of countries on the African continent:
- Employment record for every working member of the family (For parents if dependent, for the spouse if married).
- Bank statement(s) for working family member(s) (If an applicant is married please provide for spouse and yourself).
- Proof of asset ownership (land, home, car, etc.)
- Any additional documentation that supports the information in the application.
1. Complete the AUB Online Graduate Application Form after creating an account.
2. Upload supporting documents as per the requirements indicated on the online graduate application.
3. Once you reach the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program box in the application under “financial opportunities”, click on “Apply” in order to receive the financial survey link specific to this scholarship that needs to be filled and submitted before the application deadline. You will receive an email containing a link for the financial application after 24 hours of submitting your online graduate application.
4. Complete fully and accurately the Financial Application specific for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars program and submit before the deadline – March 18, 2021.
5. Upload and submit all required documents (listed below) as instructed and listed in the financial application before the deadline – March 18, 2021.
6. Submit proof of meeting Readiness for University Studies in English (RUSE) requirement by April 19, 2021 the latest.