NIMC: How to Retrieve & Link NIN To SIM Card or Phone Number: The Nigerian National Identification Number (NIN) is a unique identification number issued by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC). It is expected that every Nigerian is enrolled and issued the NIN for the purpose of all round identification. In recent times and maybe in the nearest future, this number is to be linked with every individual activities including banking transactions.
Recall that the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) had earlier issued a two-week ultimatum to telecommunication operators to block all SIM cards that are not registered with the National Identity Numbers; although there is an intervention by the senate to extend it.
In this post, you will find vital information on how to link NIN to sim card, link NIN to phone number, Link NIN to glo sim, Link NIN to MTN, Link NIN to Airtel, Link NIN to 9mobile and other networks.
Furthermore, we have outlined practical ways of retrieving and linking your National Identification Number (NIN) via the USSD code on the major network operators or through other online platforms.
Before you proceed, check out these opportunities:
- FG Scholarship Awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, HND and NCE 2020/2021
- Lafarge Africa Plc National Essay Competition 2020 | Over N3 Million in Cash Prizes
- HackXploit Competition 2020 for Young Nigerian Hackers | N1.75 Million in Prizes
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2021/2022
- MTN mPulse Hackathon 2020 | N1m in Funding Support
- Ibhawoh Foundation Essay Competition 2020 for Undergraduate Students
- UNILAG Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Form & How to Apply
- Access Bank Graduate Green Internship Program 2021
- Access Bank Accelerator Internship Program 2021
- Ogun State Government (OGUNINVEST) Recruitment 2020
- Nigerian Drone Business Competition 2021 for Nigerian Entrepreneurs
- NNPC/Chevron JV National University Scholarship 2020
- Agbami Undergraduate Scholarship Campaign 2020
- World Bank #Blog4Dev Competition 2021 for Africans
- How to Access 10 Million Naira Collateral-free CBN AGSMEIS Loan
National Identification Number Registration
For those who are yet to enrol for the NIMC’s NIN, it is important to do so as to meet whatever deadline is fixed. To get enrolled;
- Walk into any NIMC’s offices nationwide
- You can also register through other licensed agents
How to Retrieve NIN Number Using USSD
If you are already enrolled for the National Identification Number, you follow these steps to check your NIN number on your mobile.
- Open your phone dialler and dial *346#
- Type ‘1’ to choose NIN Retrieval Option if you are dialling from the phone number you used in registering you NIN.
- Type ‘2’ to choose NIN Search if you have lost your number, you will be required to input some of your registration details
- Once you have retrieved, congratulations
You can link your national identification number on these network operators as follows;
How to Link Your NIN Number on MTN:
Mtn users can link their NIN to their line in any of these three ways
- via https://mtnonline.com/nin
- Dial *785# or
- Visit myMTNApp, get it on Google Play or Apple Store
- Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
- Submit the form as soon as you’re done.
- Wait for feedback from the network.
How to Link Your NIN Number on Airtel:
For Airtel users,
- dial *121*1# on your Airtel line to submit your NIN
- Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
- Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
- Wait for the message confirming your submission. If you get an error, just wait for some time and try again.
How to Link Your NIN Number on 9mobile
For 9mobile users;
- Visit 9mobile.com.ng/nin
- Click on ‘Verify and Link your NIN now’
- Fill the required information and submit
- 9mobile USSD link code will be announced as soon as it is available
How to Link Your NIN Number on Glo:
Glo users can adopt any of these methods to link their NIN number
- By SMS: Type UPDATENIN followed by NIN number followed by firstname followed by lastname and send to 109, using the phone number you wish to link (e.g UPDATENIN 12341234123 Amaka Samuel).
- Online: alternatively, visit www.gloworld.com/ng/nin to fill your information and link.
Final Notes on How to Retrieve & Link NIN To SIM Card or Phone Number.
The USSD code *346# given above is the general NIN retrieval code for all network.
If you are unable to link your NIN through the above methods, then
- You should simply visit the nearest office of your service provider to submit/link your NIN.
- Go with your NIN and SIM pack
- Alternatively, call the customer care line of your service provider.