FG BEA Scholarship 2020/2021 Registration Form & Portal: FG BEA Scholarship Awards 2020/2021: Federal Government Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award Application Form, Courses, Eligibility, Requirements, Application Guidelines, Computer Based Test (CBT) Dates, Time, Venue and Deadline for 2020/2021 [Undergraduates & Postgraduate] | Free of Charge.
FG BEA Scholarship 2020/2021: The Federal Scholarship Board by the Federal Ministry of Education of Nigeria is now offering the 2020/2021 Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students to study Overseas AND the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS.
The Honorable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2020/2021 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award for:
i) Undergraduate (UG) Studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
ii) Postgraduate (PG) Studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
The Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) is a Department of the Federal Ministry of Education headed by a Director, as the Secretary of the Board. It has no Governing Board as the name/nomenclature suggests.
THE MANDATE OF THE BOARD IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Policy Formulation – Preparation of periodic master plans for a balanced and efficient utilization of foreign and local scholarship, and fellowship awards to deserving Nigerian undergraduate and postgraduate students. This may sometimes involve consultation with State Governments, the Ministries of Foreign matters and with other relevant agencies and bodies.
- Implementation of Federal Government policy and programmes of foreign and local scholarship awards to deserving Nigerian scholars.
- Implementation of Federal Government commitments to Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) and Multi-Lateral (Commonwealth) Agreements on Scholarship and Fellowship awards to Nigeria.
- Implementation of Presidential Special Scholarship for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) and NYSC EX-Corps Scholarship.
- Collection, collation, analysis, publishing and dissemination of data and other information of student matters, Scholarship and Fellowship awards in relation to Nigeria.
- Supervision and monitoring the activities of Federal Government Scholars in Tertiary Institutions locally and abroad.
- Advising and coordinating States Scholarship Policies and Programmes through Annual Coordinating Committee Meetings of Secretaries of Federal and State Scholarship Boards.
THE BOARD OPERATES UNDER FOUR (4) DIVISIONS AS FOLLOWS:
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA);
- Nigerian Awards;
- Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship Plan; and
- General Duties
How to Apply FG BEA Scholarship 2020/2021
Application forms are to be completed online as follows:
- Complete form online at https://education.gov.ng/fsb OR https://www.fsbn.com.ng/applicants/auth/register/71013
- Fill the necessary information and
NOTE/Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified!
a. Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on READ MORE on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
b. Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
c. Print the completed Application Form
d. Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled below.
NOTE/Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified!
3.0 FIELDS OF STUDY
a. Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
b. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
4.0 CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
A. UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS:
All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2018 & 2019) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2019) only.
Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
B. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS:
All applicants for Undergraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D. and only:
i N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted;
ii) Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
NOTE (For all Applicants):
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign Languare course of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- Japan applicants must have very strong background in further mathematics;
- The required certificates for candidates applying for Iman Preachers and Quaranic Professor for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WAEC as in other scholarship awards;
- All applicants for Flungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarships must visit the website: http://www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/
- Complete the application form online
- Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to the completed Application Form on education.gov.ng.
v) All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
vi) All Applicants to upload their certificates online;
viii) The duration for Serbian undergraduate scholarship is Eight (8) years general courses and Nine (9) years for Medicine and postgraduate studies, 3-4years for MSC and 5-6years for PhD.
5.0 VENUE OF INTERVIEW:
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
i. Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
ii. Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June for Undergraduate applicants;
iii. Two copies of Birth Certificate from National Population Commission;
iv. State of origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
v. Four (4) coloured passport sized photographs on white background; and
vi. Postgraduate applicants will be required to submit Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Exemption certificates only.
GENERAL NOTICE: During the application candidates are expected to indicate the following:
- Centre of choice for the Computer Based Test (CBT); and
- Warning : Double Entries will be disqualified.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of the current International passport;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
- National Identification Number (NIN)
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary
For further Technical/Apps inquires please call: 08055581004
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE.
THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
The registration portal will be closed on Friday 11th December 2020 by 11:59 PM.